Germanwings was founded in 1997 as part of the Eurowings airline, but in 2009 Lufthansa took over completely and started expanding the airlines range of routes across Europe. Since 2015, it has been rolled up by Lufthansa into the relaunched Eurowings brand.
Find the best deals on germanwings flights with Jetcost
Germanwings offers a no-frills flying experience, with no free in-flight catering and extra charges for additional baggage and services like food and drink. If you choose to fly with the airline, your options could include:
- City breaks in Berlin to sample the nightlife and tour the historical sights.
- Travelling to Hamburg to check out the modern architecture and the regenerated port district, as well as the bohemian Reeperbahn area.
- Visiting the cathedral in Cologne and touring the Rhine by boat.
- Relaxing on the Croatian coast around Dubrovnik.
- Exploring exotic Istanbul.
Germanwings flights travel to far more destinations than just German cities. Under the Eurowings brand, the airline serves Eastern Europe, Turkey, Middle Eastern destinations like Dubai, Italy and Switzerland. Flights take off from a number of British airports, including London Stansted, Birmingham, Edinburgh and Manchester, meaning that wherever you live in the UK, Germanwings flights should be convenient.
The airline allows passengers to check in 72 hours before flying, and to check the status of their flight via their website. It is easy to book add-ons to your tickets such as seat reservations, pets, wheelchair accommodation and train connections when you land, so if something comes up before you fly, you can make the necessary arrangements.
germanwings Fleet: 32 aircraft
germanwings Fleet Details:
|Aircraft Type||Aircraft||Aircraft Number|
|Airbus A319||Airbus A319-100||32|
germanwings in-flight services and entertainment:
germanwings baggage (allowance, excess fees):
Hub: germanwings operates mainly from Bonn - Konrad Adenaur airport (CGN).
Founded on: 27-10-2002
Fleet Age (years): 6.5
germanwings - Alliances and frequent flyer program: germanwings Frequent Flyer program is Boomerang Club.
Owned by Lufthansa, Germanwings is a Cologne-based budget airline. It operates out of a variety of German airports, including Dusseldorf, Stuttgart, Cologne, Berlin Tegel and Hamburg, making Germanwings flights a great option for anyone wanting to arrange flights to Germany.
- £14 Flight tickets to London
- £13 Flight tickets to Amsterdam
- £15 Flight tickets to Alicante
- £19 Flight tickets to Manchester
- £10 Flight tickets to Dublin
- £13 Flight tickets to Málaga
- £13 Flight tickets to Edinburgh
- £76 Flight tickets to Istanbul
- £26 Flight tickets to Glasgow
- £13 Flight tickets to Barcelona
- £18 Flight tickets to Lisbon
- £26 Flight tickets to Birmingham
- £27 Flight tickets to Paris
- £18 Flight tickets to Madrid
- £18 Flight tickets to Faro